Estimated Shipping: Immediate
- Lifetime Warranty
- Free US Shipping + Returns
A slimmer version of our Mailbag, designed for those who carry light. Inspired by US Postal Service mailbags from the early 1900s.
- Tanned and finished in Ponte a Egola, Italy
- Certified by the Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium
- Hide Origin: French Cowhide Shoulders
- Thickness: 6 oz. for bag, 8 oz. for flap, handles, and straps
- Tanning/Grain: Vegetable Tanned / Dyed-Through to Core / Full-Grain
- Finishing: Aniline dyed and hot stuffed with oils and waxes. The result is a natural, transparent leather. Lightly tumbled for softness. French cowhide shoulders have the distinct characteristic of prominent wrinkles. The leather has a soft hand and elegant hand-feel.
- This leather gets most of its color from oils, making it very natural. With this type of finishing, there is some slight color variation since each leather hide can absorb the oils differently.
- Hand-hammered, solid copper rivets
- Antique brass hardware
- Polyester 277 thread
- Shoulder strap pad stuffed with leather and forms to your shoulder
- Laptop compartment fits a laptop with 12.6 inches width or smaller.
- Pockets for iPhone/Droid, pens, business cards, a key clip, and 2 side pockets
- Small handle for quick grabs
- Back pocket for iPad or magazines
- Details from the original mailbag like a pleated leather front panel, and a riveted side panel
- Adjustable leather shoulder strap (up to 55 inches)
- Height 11", Width 14.5", Depth 3" / 3.5 lbs
- Lifetime warranty
I've had this bag for about a year and a half and am just getting around to reviewing it. I'm glad I waited to review it to see how it aged. When I first got the bag it was a little stiff. I've used it as my daily work bag for 18 months and the leather has broken in nicely.
I researched this item for many months before purchasing. I compared with dozes of other bags and for me, the slim profile and high quality of leather, made the bag the only product for me. I have used it on interviews and received multiple compliments and I also use it on a daily basis for professional school, which speaks to its versatility as a messenger bag. I can not wait to see how it ages and I intend on keeping it for many many years 5 stars, 10/10, would absolutely recommend to anyone
Not too big, not too small. Fits just about everything I need and looks great doing so!
Smooth, supple leather
The touch on the leather is like nothing else I've see in the market. Feels like a luxury bag, but looks like an old vintage Mailbag. Perfect combination!
The perfect balance
I was looking for a durable bag that will last forever, but not an Indiana jones bag that looked like I was on an African safari and weight 15 lbs. empty. The Slim Mailbag is clean and understated. It's substantial but doesn't weight me down. The polyester thread and copper rivets will keep this bag going for decades. They've struck a great balance between durability and usability. Would highly recommend.