Estimated Shipping: Immediate
- Lifetime Warranty
- Free US Shipping + Returns
Inspired by US Postal Service mailbags from the early 20th century.
- Tanned and finished in Ponte a Egola, Italy
- Certified by the Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium
- Hide Origin: French Cowhide Shoulders
- Thickness: 6 oz. for bag, 8 oz. for flap, handles, and straps
- Tanning/Grain: Vegetable Tanned / Dyed-Through to Core / Full-Grain
- Finishing: Aniline dyed and hot stuffed with oils and waxes. Slightly tumbled for softness. The result is a natural, transparent leather. French cowhide shoulders have the distinct characteristic of prominent wrinkles. The leather has a soft hand and elegant hand-feel.
- This leather gets most of its color from oils, making it very natural. With this type of finishing, there is some slight color variation since each leather hide can absorb the oils differently.
- Hand-hammered, solid copper rivets
- Antique brass hardware
- Polyester 277 thread
- Shoulder strap pad stuffed with leather and forms to your shoulder
- Laptop compartment fits a laptop with up to 14.3" in width.
- Interior pockets for iPhone/Droid, pens, business cards, a key clip, and 2 side pockets
- Small handle for quick grabs
- Back pocket for iPad or magazines
- Details from the original mailbag like a pleated leather front panel, and a riveted side panel
- Adjustable leather shoulder strap (up to 55 inches)
- Dimensions / Weight: height 12", width 16", depth 4.5" / 4 lbs
- Lifetime warranty
Very well made
You could say I'm a Mailbag fanatic. I've owned a few throughout the years: Will Leather Goods, Whipping Post, MarlondoÉ.With all due respect to those other brands because they are certainly nice bags, but Satchel & Page blows them out of the water in terms of quality. First in the leather and second in the construction and finishing. As they are all about the same price, I strongly recommend the Satchel & Page Mailbag.
excellent quality and usability
The bag is perfect for everyday use. It is comfortable to carry and takes all I need to during my jobday. I'm very pleased to it.
Worth the wait
I preordered the Mailbag and waiting almost 2 months. I was starting to get frustrated and though about cancelling my order. I'm glad I didn't. It's exceptionally well made, and the leather quality is amazing.
It's obvious S&P takes pride in their work. The craftmanship is on another level compared to what I've seen around this price point.
I have carried this bag everyday for the past 4 months, and it's not showing any signs of wear. It fits my Macbook, books, headphones, charger, water bottle, etc. I get compliments on it all the time.