Estimated Shipping: Immediate
Free U.S. Shipping & Returns
Inspired by US Postal Service mailbags from the early 20th century.
- Tanned and finished in Ponte a Egola, Italy
- Certified by the Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium
- Gold Rated for Sustainability by LWG
- Hide Origin: French Cowhide Shoulders
- Thickness: 6 oz. for bag, 8 oz. for flap, handles, and straps
- Tanning/Grain: Vegetable Tanned / Dyed-Through to Core / Full-Grain
- Finishing: Aniline dyed and hot stuffed with oils and waxes. Slightly tumbled for softness. The result is a natural, transparent leather. French cowhide shoulders have the distinct characteristic of prominent wrinkles. This leather has a soft hand and elegant hand-feel. No paint or chemicals are used to cover the surface of the leather, so natural imperfections and color variation can occur.
- Hand-hammered, solid copper rivets
- Antique brass hardware
- Polyester 277 thread
- Shoulder strap pad stuffed with leather and forms to your shoulder
- Laptop compartment for MacBook Pro 16" / 15". If you have a different computer, you can measure the exact width of your laptop (not diagonal dimension). If the exact width is 14.3" or smaller, it will fit.
- Interior pockets for iPhone/Droid, pens, business cards, a key clip, and 2 side pockets
- Small handle for quick grabs
- Back pocket for iPad or magazines
- Details from the original mailbag like a pleated leather front panel, and a riveted side panel
- Adjustable leather shoulder strap (up to 55 inches)
- Dimensions / Weight: height 12", width 16", depth 4.5" / 4 lbs
- Lifetime warranty
Certified Tuscan Leather
We don't cut corners. Our leather is certified by the Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium, ensuring it has met rigorous quality and sustainability standards. Over time, the Mailbag builds character and patinas beautifully, becoming uniquely yours.