Gladstone - PRE ORDER
Estimated Shipping: Late November
- Lifetime Warranty
- Free US Shipping + Returns
Originating in England in the 1890s, this classic was a staple in daily use and train travel. When you're not using it, it will fill your home with the beautiful scent of vegetable-tanned leather. A workhorse of a weekend bag.
- Tanned and finished in Ponte a Egola, Italy
- Certified by the Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium
- Hide Origin: French Cowhide Shoulders
- Thickness: 6 oz. for bag, 8 oz. for handles and straps
- Tanning/Grain: Vegetable Tanned / Dyed-Through to Core / Full-Grain
- Finishing: Aniline dyed and hot stuffed with oils and waxes. The result is a natural, transparent leather. French cowhide shoulders have the distinct characteristic of prominent wrinkles. This leather has a soft hand and elegant hand-feel.
- Solid brass frame
- Polyester 277 thread
- Tobacco suede lining
- Comes with adjustable leather shoulder strap (up to 55 inches)
- Fits airline carry-on requirements
- Hinge opening makes packing easy. Quick release lock for ease in opening.
- Folded corners 'origami style' for extra support
- Interior padded pocket for iPad and 2 small pockets
- 20" x 12" x 8" / 6 lbs.
- Lifetime warranty
I haven't used the Gladstone much. I've had it only a short period of time. I can tell you that it is a great size and the structured style is perfect. The quality of this bag is truly impressive.
Blown away by the quality. Perfect for the weekend trip.
This is the nicest bag I own. The smell is overwhelming (in a good way).
My new go to travel bag
All the other reviews talk about the leather, which is wonderful. I chose this bag over other weekenders in the same price range. I'm glad I did. The Gladstone fits everything I need for a 2-3 day trip. The shoulder strap is sturdy and comfortable. The handles are well made and comfortable to carry. The hardware is substantial. You can tell this bag will last for a long time. Look closely at the way S&P finishes the edges on the leather. Nice and smooth. Shows their attention to detail!
Makes travel fun
In this age of TSA and terrible airlines, it's kind of fun to be stopped by people asking about the bag.