Diplomat - PRE ORDER
Estimated Shipping: Mid September
- Lifetime Warranty
- Free US Shipping + Returns
A modern take on the classic zippered briefcase. Slim profile with a deceivingly spacious, expandable interior. And since the laptop pocket is in the center, the zipper won't scratch your computer.
- Tanned and finished in Ponte a Egola, Italy
- Certified by the Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium
- Hide Origin: Cowhide Shoulders of French origin
- Thickness: 6 oz. for bag, 8 oz. for handles and straps
- Tanning/Grain: Vegetable Tanned / Dyed-Through to Core / Full-Grain
- Finishing: Aniline dyed and hot stuffed with oils and waxes. The result is a natural, transparent leather. French cowhide shoulders have the distinct characteristic of prominent wrinkles. This leather has a soft hand and elegant hand-feel.
- Tobacco suede lining
- Japanese YKK Excella #8 zippers
- Antique brass hardware
- #277 Polyester thread
- Shoulder strap pad stuffed with leather and forms to your shoulder
- Full zipper opening for easy access
- Padded laptop compartment fits a laptop with 12.6 inches width or smaller.
- Center padded laptop compartment so you don't scratch it against the zipper, pocket for iPhone/Droid, slots for pens and business cards, and a key clip
- Adjustable leather shoulder strap (up to 55")
- Dimensions: height 11.5", width 15", depth 3.75"
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Lifetime warranty
Super functional and beautiful!
I had a heavier, flap style leather briefcase and got the Diplomat to replace it, as I was looking for something a little lighter and with better interior organization. I'm glad I chose the Diplomat. My 13" Macbook Pro fits nicely inside the padded center laptop compartment. As the zipper opens fully on both sides, it was a smart design choice to place the laptop pocket in the center. Many zippered briefcases get this wrong. With this design, it's seamless to pack the laptop as the zipper doesn't interfere with it. There are several other small pockets and pen slots, and a good sized zippered pocket for loose items. The shoulder strap is solid and comfortable. Overall, it's a great bag that fits my daily carry perfectly. The leather is thick and beautiful, and I suspect this bag will last many years.
This was my first order from Satchel & Page but since then, I've ordered three more products from them. Their products are immaculately made and I get complements everywhere I go. Their communication is fantastic. I'll be a lifetime supporter of this brand and their products.
A pleasure to deal
I originally purchased the Counselor but it was a little too big for me. I was worried about going through a long exchange process as I needed the bag for a work trip the following week. Jack from customer service was professional, friendly, and made the process seamless for me. I had a UPS label in my inbox within 20 minutes and they shipped out the Diplomat for me the same day! I received it 3 days later. To say the bag is amazing is an understatement. It's everything I ever wanted in a briefcase and I look forward to using it for the decades to come.
Great Bag: Diplomat!
I love this bag as it's a quality bag with leather softness. The different compartments make it easy for me to stuff my papers and necessary items! Great job, Satchel & Page!
I have a 14" laptop and it didn't fit inside the Diplomat. On the positive side, Satchel & Page sent me a return label and exchanged it for the Founder. The exchange process was seamless. As soon as I dropped off the bag, they sent me the Founder. The bag itself is very well made and well worth the price.