Estimated Shipping: Immediate
Free U.S. Shipping & Returns
A modern take on the classic zippered briefcase. Slim profile with a deceivingly spacious, expandable interior. And since the laptop pocket is in the center, the zipper won't scratch your computer.
- Tanned and finished in Ponte a Egola, Italy
- Certified by the Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium
- Gold Rated for Sustainability by LWG
- Hide Origin: Cowhide Shoulders of French origin
- Thickness: 6 oz. for bag, 8 oz. for handles and straps
- Tanning/Grain: Vegetable Tanned / Dyed-Through to Core / Full-Grain
- Finishing: Aniline dyed and hot stuffed with oils and waxes. The result is a natural, transparent leather. French cowhide shoulders have the distinct characteristic of prominent wrinkles. This leather has a soft hand and elegant hand-feel. No paint or chemicals are used to cover the surface of the leather, so natural imperfections and color variations can occur.
- Tobacco suede lining
- Japanese YKK Excella #8 zippers
- Antique brass hardware
- #277 Polyester thread
- Shoulder strap pad stuffed with leather and forms to your shoulder
- Full zipper opening for easy access
- Travel seamlessly with the included luggage strap to connect this bag to your trolley luggage
- Padded laptop compartment fits a laptop with 13.0 inches width or smaller.
- Center padded laptop compartment so you don't scratch it against the zipper, pocket for iPhone/Droid, slots for pens and business cards, and a removable key clip
- Adjustable leather shoulder strap (up to 55")
- Dimensions: height 11.5", width 14.5", depth 3.75"
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Lifetime warranty
Certified Tuscan Leather
We don't cut corners. Our leather is certified by the Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium, ensuring it has met rigorous quality and sustainability standards. Over time, the Diplomat builds character and patinas beautifully, becoming uniquely yours.
The Diplomat comes with a modular, luggage attachment strap. You’ll glide through the airport with ease.
Best briefcase I have owned.
This is by far the best briefcase I own. I've had this briefcase for 6 months and couldn't be happier. The workmanship is second to none and quality of the leather is just superb. The leather and brass feel like they will age wonderfully and and definitely feels like it will last me a lifetime. Satchel & Page you have definitely out done yourself and at such a great price point to boot, you have definitely earned a lifetime customer in me. I can't wait to get my hands on more of your top notch products. Thank you for the work you have put into you products because it definitely shows.
A pleasure to deal
I originally purchased the Counselor but it was a little too big for me. I was worried about going through a long exchange process as I needed the bag for a work trip the following week. Jack from customer service was professional, friendly, and made the process seamless for me. I had a UPS label in my inbox within 20 minutes and they shipped out the Diplomat for me the same day! I received it 3 days later. To say the bag is amazing is an understatement. It's everything I ever wanted in a briefcase and I look forward to using it for the decades to come.
Super functional and beautiful!
I had a heavier, flap style leather briefcase and got the Diplomat to replace it, as I was looking for something a little lighter and with better interior organization. I'm glad I chose the Diplomat. My 13" Macbook Pro fits nicely inside the padded center laptop compartment. As the zipper opens fully on both sides, it was a smart design choice to place the laptop pocket in the center. Many zippered briefcases get this wrong. With this design, it's seamless to pack the laptop as the zipper doesn't interfere with it. There are several other small pockets and pen slots, and a good sized zippered pocket for loose items. The shoulder strap is solid and comfortable. Overall, it's a great bag that fits my daily carry perfectly. The leather is thick and beautiful, and I suspect this bag will last many years.
I’ll be honest, I bought this bag on a bit of impulse. I knew I needed one, and I didn’t know what to do for a first bag. I don’t like to start out small, because eventually you will go big, so just buy big the first time and save yourself the space and unnecessary regret. I did some research for a few days and came across this bag. I felt connected with it, so I asked questions. I ordered it expecting to be disappointed (so I am already prepared to be let down if I didn’t like it), but when I received, I have to admit, I was blown away. I fell in love with it immediately. It was the perfect size, perfect weight, perfect color, the perfect bag. I am just excited about this bag, and I am so glad I purchased it. Now, I am looking to buy a couple of more to add to my life. So glad I purchased it.
new to the S&P family
I am still moving into my Diplomat. It has plenty of space and compartments to accommodate the busiest person and to keep them organized, with toting items easily accessible. Loving it more each day.